What I used-
- 3 cakes of egg noodles
- a carrot julienned
- a red capsicum julienned
- 2 small onions sliced
- Sliced 3 garlic cloves and a small piece of ginger julienned
- 2-3 fresh green chillies chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 chicken thigh fillet chopped into small cubes
- Sauces- Oyster sauce, soy sauce, Sweet chilli sauce, Vinegar, chilli Sauce
- Oil for cooking
- some drops of chilli Oil
How I did it-
- Started the boiling of the noodles first while I did my prep with the veggies- chopped as explained above. Sometimes the chopping can actually take some time but once you master the chopping, it actually becomes a fun element of the cook- just like using colours while painting. Might sound weird but indeed you draw a picture of your final dish and trace the shapes of the veggies to be cut.
- Mise -en -place ( french word used in Culinary meaning having all your ingredients measured, cut, sliced etc before cooking) - have all on a plate along with beaten eggs.
- On a Wok heat a teaspoon of oil- smoking hot- and throw some of the ginger and garlic and the chicken pieces- moist with some soy and oyster sauce and fry for couple of minutes. Gets cooked really quick with high heat and stirring. Keep the cooked chicken aside.
- Make sure the noodles are not overboiled- strain the noodles and shower with cold water instantly to wash off the starch.
- Next heat the wok with some more oil - add the rest of the ginger, garlic and onion with the chilles- then goes the carrots and capsicum- stir fry on high heat- add a teaspoon of all the sauces mentioned above. Finish this before the veggies loose their crunch and keep aside in a plate
- Now the finale- heat a teaspoon of oil and pour the beaten eggs . Just as the egg is cooking, strain the noodles again with some cold water and use your fingers to separate them a bit on the colander. Add the noodles to the eggs and stir in a brisk motion- sprinkle salt and pepper seasoning to the noodles -add the veggies and the chicken and stir quick with the noodles.
- Squeeze some lemon - trust me adds some flavourable twist to the dish and sprinkle some more pepper and some chilli oil.
- Serve simple with a szcechuan sauce and chillies in soy sauce to give that extra chinese takeaway flavour and enjoy.
That was my simple noodles- any vegetables like beans, mushroom, spring onions etc could be added.